25 July 2010
It has been a rather long wait, but the next round of new features and improvements for LiveCart is finally available for download.
The main focus area of this release is checkout improvements. We have added single page checkout, which, we believe, should be one of the most convenient implementations that are currently available. To begin with all the checkout steps (address entry, shipping methods, etc.) are always visible and editable in any order. For example, the customer can always change some details in the shipping address right before clicking the payment button. Everything is interactive and updated at real-time, for example, changing the shipping address or cart contents will automatically update the shipping options and prices. Most if not all competing carts still emphasize "steps" in their single page checkouts - where a customer still has to "return" to a previous step to change some detail. There are many improvements to the multi-page checkout as well.
Another large addition is XML data exchange API, which allows other applications to connect to LiveCart and import/export data. And, as always, there are plenty of other improvements too.
Installation and update packages are downloadable from the customer area. Update instructions are
included in the /update/readme.txt file in all update packages.
LiveCart 1.3.1 version change log
Please note that this change log does not list current bug fixes, even though the release does include all of them. All the bug fixes have been back-ported to the 1.3.0 version and you can see a list of fixes here:
One page checkout
- Completely interactive - the whole checkout process is completed while remaining at the same page
- Every aspect of the order is always editable from the same page, including billing/shipping addresses, shipping methods and order contents
- Configuration option to keep shopping basket always immediately editable
- Shipping methods are displayed even before any address is selected (default customer/estimation address is used to calculate the shipping rates)
- Shipping method selection is being kept even after order changes (changed address, products or quantities)
XML data exchange API
- Makes it possible to import and export data to external applications
- Currently supported types of data - products, orders and customers
- Includes extensive documentation with usage examples
- Security options for access authorization
New payment methods
- Authorize.net SIM (simple integration / hosted payment page)
- Auriga ePayment (Scandinavia)
- 2CheckOut Instant Notification Service method
- PayPoint Lite method
- WebToPay (mokejimai.lt)
- Paypal Website Payments Standard module passes each cart item details to PayPal.
- Added configuration option to always assume that shipping address is the same as the billing address. When this is turned on, customer is asked to enter only one address during the checkout
- Added ability to control which address fields are used. All unnecessary fields (country, city, etc.) can be disabled now.
- Added ability to disable the address entry step at checkout to make checkouts simplier in case the address is entered when registering
- Added a possibility to add a "Terms of Service" checkbox in shopping cart and one page checkout pages
- Added ability to configure default address state for shipping cost estimation feature
- Added configuration option for automatically redirecting from shopping cart page to checkout, so that checkout could be initiated right after an item has been added to cart
- Added option to display product SKU in shopping cart and email messages.
- Links to downloadable files are also displayed directly in the order confirmation page, so the customers can access the downloads right away without having to search for them in their user account.
- Added ability to save CVV number in database. It is cleared from database together with credit card number.
- Static pages can now be organized in multiple levels, so it is now possible to create page hierarchies (trees/sub-pages).
- Integrated a file manager within text editors, so it's no longer necessary to upload images for news posts or custom pages via FTP or other means.
- Added ability to display product filters as checkboxes (instead of links) and select multiple choices per filter.
- RSS feeds for all products, category products and news posts.
- Related categories - possibility to assign categories to categories, similarly as products can be made related.
- Large product image popup now opens a gallery, which allows to navigate
to the next or previous image without having to close the popup
- Added ability to limit the download count for digital products
- Disable product list layout switching if a category has a pre-configured list layout
- Allow customers to switch to table product list view
- Added ability to search by manufacturer name in store frontend
- Added an option to sort store product list by SKU
- Added an option to enlarge product thumbnail on mouse over instead of a mouse click
- A new side block for quick login form (QUICK_LOGIN)
- Changed the horizontal drop down menu code to use div's instead of unordered lists to improve browser compatibility
- salidzini.lv product export feed
- Added configuration options to determine which product XML export feeds are enabled and ability to define an access key to avoid unauthorized access to feeds
- Custom field values are displayed in frontend (user and address fields)
- Added an option to hide taxes for customers
- Newsletter messages can be sent in HTML format. It is still possible to send them in plain-text as well, with an option to send a custom or auto-generated plain-text versions of the newsletter message.
- Newsletters can be sent to selected user groups
- Display a confirmation message before removing a category with products. If a product in a deletable category belongs to any additional categories as well, the main category is changed to the first of these additional categories.
- Ability to add a new manufacturer from backend
- Ability to change an offline payment method for a completed order.
- Ability to change invoice date.
- Added ability to modify order shipping price from backend
- Display custom transaction information in the order Payments tab in backend (applies to only a few payment methods / custom setups)
- Added a new column to order list view for displaying the total order tax amount
- Ability to configure on which order status change events to send a status change notification email to customer. Sometimes certain order status changes (for example, New -> Processing) are for internal use only and irrelevant to customers, so this option allows to avoid customers being notified on such status changes.
- Added ability to upload a separate logo image for invoices
- Added an option to make business rule conditions "reversed/negative", so it is now possible to require the conditions to evaluate to false instead of true. There's a checkbox near each condition to mark it as reverse.
- Business rule percentage surcharge action adds a new line item to orders instead of increasing the price of each product
- Business rule condition to determine whether the current user is a newsletter subscriber
- Added several new rule actions - automatically remove an item from cart, set item quantity in cart (can be used to define the max order quantity) and display a custom message.
- Added a new rule action to change product tax class. This can be used to set different tax rates for different types of customers (regardless of their address).
- Added ability to import orders (including ordered products, customer info and addresses)
- Ability to import news posts
- Ability to import product options from CSV files (select field). An example value for import: "Color: Black, White, Yellow; Size: Small, Medium, Large"
- Ability to import all order products from a single field, for example, SKU1:1:100:1;SKU2::: (product SKU:quantity:price:shipment index - all fields except SKU are optional)
- Option to select whether to only update existing products, create new products or do both
- Option to automatically delete or disable unlisted products (existing products not included in the imported file)
- Transactional imports have been disabled by default, but can still be enabled by marking a checkbox (when importing in transactional mode, the whole import is cancelled/rolled back in case of an import error or just cancelling the import while it's running)
- ?stat=true option in debug mode provides more detailed runtime analysis options. ?noblock=true allows to disable all content blocks
- Block output can be filtered (pre and post) via plugins