16 March 2008
The headline addition of the new 1.1.1 version is the product options. Product options allow the customer to configure/personalize products or sell different varieties of the same product without a need to create a new product for each variety. Of course, each option can have it's own price (surcharge to the base product price).
There are 3 types of product options:
- checkbox - the yes or no option, which can be used, for example, for selecting gift wrapping.
- select box - select one option from multiple options. This one is useful for products that come in different varieties (sizes, colors, etc.)
- text entry - a feature that very few shopping carts support. Customer can enter his/her own text in predefined fields, which would work great for custom made products like t-shirts with custom printing.
Of course, there are even more additions, for example, we have a very nice new default design. Please read the changelog below for a full list of changes.
LiveCart version 1.1.1 changelog
- Product options - now it is possible to sell configurable products with various types of options, for example, clothing with different sizes, "buildable" products (like custom PC's), etc.
- New default design theme
- Full support for Google Analytics, including the order detail tracking
- Ability to set individual design theme for each product and category from backend
- Added support for XML sitemaps (allows faster page indexing at Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.)
Payment gateway integrations:
- Added a new layout block ROOT_CATEGORY which is intended for displaying the main categories of the store as tabs
- Added warning message before changing the store base currency in backend (the prices are set to 0 unless they were previously entered in the new base currency)
- Added "save and add another product" button to the product creation form at backend. Previously there were 2 radio buttons to determine the action after a product is added - now it's simply 2 save buttons.
- Set design themes for multiple products via mass action
- Updated TinyMCE library (WYSIWYG editor) to version 3.0.3 - the editor should now work and load slightly faster
- Ability to change design theme from layout configuration
- Some database query optimization
- E-mail template structure optimization
- Fixed a bug which prevented LiveCart to work when there was a dot in installation directory path (for example, /home/sites/mysite.com)
- Fixed a bug that caused PHP error when trying to apply manufacturer filter from store home page (in some cases)
- Fixed occasional problems with loading of customized templates
- Error pages (like error 404) now issue a proper HTTP status header
- Languages can now be activated immediately after they are added, without the need to reload the backend page
- Fixed occassional problems with translation search
- Allow to install LiveCart with PHP's MySQL extension as well (instead of only mysqli)
- "default" theme renamed to "light"
- Theme "none" renamed to "barebone"